Local Indie @ KDL
To support, encourage and foster access to West Michigan talent, Kent District Library is creating a Local Indie @ KDL collection to be available at our Cascade Township and Kentwood branches. This collection features donated books, music and films from local independent authors and artists.
Items included in the Local Indie @ KDL collection must meet the following guidelines:
- At least one and preferably two copies of the material must be donated to KDL.
- Donated materials become the property of KDL, subject to KDL's Selection and Collection Maintenance Policies.
- Donated items which do not circulate regularly may be withdrawn from the collection after one year.
- Regardless of genre, all items in this collection will be labeled as "LOCAL" and include the name of the author, band/musician or director.
- At this time, KDL does not have a platform for accepting or circulating self-published eBooks or other digital content.
To donate self-published or independently published books, CDs or DVDs to this collection, please complete the submission form and include it with the donated item/s.
Your copy of this completed form may be used as a tax deductible receipt. Donations should be clearly marked "Local Indie @ KDL" and may be taken to any KDL branch or mailed or delivered to:
KDL Service Center
Collection Development Manager
814 West River Center Dr. NE
Comstock Park, MI 49321