Services: Materials Circulation
The Kent District Library circulates a wide variety of materials, from books and movies to popular music CDs and video games — with no rental fees! Read below for additional information regarding our circulation policies.
These items may be checked out for three weeks:
- Express Books (bestsellers)
- Music CDs
- TV Series & Nonfiction Videos (DVD)
- Computer software and CD-Roms
These items may be checked out for one week:
- Feature Films (DVD)
Most items can be renewed once if no one else is waiting for them.
- Renew in person at any branch.
- Renew by phone by calling our Patron Services Department at 616-784-2007.
- Renew online.
- Fines for physical items are 15 cents per day up to a maximum of $4.95
- Overdue fines are not incurred on digital items.
- View your patron record to check for overdue fines.
- Returned check fee: $15.00
- Collection services fee for items not returned: $8.95
Place a Hold:
Holds may be placed on most library materials through the online catalog. If the item you want is not available at a Lakeland Library Cooperative library, Kent District Library cardholders can request that staff search further for it. Requests are sent through the "Superloan" service which checks other libraries in Michigan and the nation to locate a copy of the item available for loan. There is a $5.00 search fee for this service.
Let us contact you by Email Alert when your holds are ready or you have an overdue item.
Library materials checked out from a KDL branch should be returned to a KDL branch (any of our 18 locations).