Library Use Value Calculator
What is your library worth to you?
How much would you pay out-of-pocket for your library services?
- Enter in the left hand column the number of times per month you or your family use each service.
- Estimated retail value of each service (if purchased) will be calculated on the right.
- Total value of your library use is shown at the bottom of the worksheet.
- Tip: Tab between entries and do not use commas.
Read our explanations of the values used above.
The calculator worksheet has been adapted from the downloadable spreadsheet originally provided by the Massachusetts Library Association and then adapted for the web by Chelmsford Public Library. This spreadsheet requires Microsoft Excel to view.
More Library Advocacy Links:
- Contact your legislators
Find our who your legislators are and how to contact them in order to voice your support of libraries.
- Where does library funding come from?
Debunk the myths and find out exactly how your local library is funded.