KDL Speakers Bureau
Would you like to know more about how the Kent District Library benefits your community? Would you like to learn more about library services and resources available to you? Are you looking for a speaker for your event or organization? If the answer is yes, then the Kent District Library can help. KDL library staff are available throughout the year to present on a variety of topics — free of charge.
Play-Grow-Read! Preparing Your Child for a Lifetime of Learning
Allison Brito, Program & Outreach Specialist
- What is Early Literacy?
- Learn about the six skills your child needs for reading success
- Discover great activities for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers
Equal Access: Library Resources for Those With Special Needs
Shelley Daniel, Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- What library resources and services are available to those with special needs?
- Learn about different kinds of adaptive technology available
- Find out how to take advantage of all that the library has to offer
- Graphic Novels (Josh Bernstein, Teen Librarian)
- Teen Fiction (Tammy Schneider, Youth Collection Development Librarian)
Our goal is to let you and your group or organization know about all of the great library services and resources available to you through the Kent District Library. Presentations can also be custom-created for topics not on the list. Please call 616-784-2007 to schedule a presentation or to find out more.