Kentwood (Richard L. Root) Branch
4950 Breton SE, Kentwood, MI 49508 | Map to branch
Branch Manager: Cheryl Cammenga
Contact Branch Youth Staff: KentwoodYouthStaff@kdl.org
- Wireless internet
- Public computers with internet, word processing and other software
- Color copier
- Drive-through drop box and 24-hour holds pickup lockers
- KDLville early literacy play space
- Designated teen area with media wall
- Entrepreneurial Center for small business resources
- Eight private conference/study rooms
- Second floor fireplace and outdoor patio
- Community room with adaptive technology for the hearing-impaired
- Cora Bowen Stauffer Kentwood Heritage Room
- Express Check-in
- Active Friends of the Library group
- Ongoing used book sale
- Vending area
- 24-hour battery recycling drop-off
The Kentwood branch had its beginnings as a county library bookmobile stop on South Division near 44th Street in what was then Paris Township. At the request of the township, the county library established the first permanent branch in 1955. A new state-of-the-art 46,000 square foot, two-story facility opened in August 2010. In 2012, the branch was renamed after former Kentwood mayor Richard L. Root in honor of his dedication to the community and to the library.
Kentwood (Richard L. Root) Branch News
USED BOOK SALE!
The Friends of the Kentwood Library Used Book Sale. Saturday, October 17, 2015 from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
"A Kentwood Story"
Enjoy this short film about the new Kentwood Branch Library!
Friends of the Library
Become a lifelong Friend of the Kentwood Library for only $10!
Kentwood Branch Calendar of Events
Event list for Kentwood branch
Kentwood Community Links
Local government and community resource links
Kentwood Branch Statistics
Annual checkouts and visitors, program attendance, and more
Kentwood Branch Floorplan
View a floorplan of the branch layout
New Kentwood Building Welcome Brochure
Find out more about the new Kentwood branch location
Community Room Policy
Regulations for use of our community room