Caledonia Twp. Branch News
Community Room Use Regulations
Caledonia Township Library
Community Room Use Regulations
Community Room shall be available to groups, clubs and organizations in the following order of priority:
1. Library and Township sponsored activities. These programs have precedence over other meetings. Groups may occasionally be notified to reschedule their meetings to avoid a conflict.
2. Caledonia Township Non-Profit Groups.
3. Caledonia Township Profit groups using the room for meetings, not the selling of goods or services to the public.
4. The Community Room is not available for personal entertaining such as showers, anniversaries, receptions, graduations, etc.
*Available Times for Meetings
The Community Room is available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from 9:30-5 P.M. and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-8 P.M if no library or township activity is scheduled
Meeting Room Size
Group size will be limited to 110 seated (using chairs only) and 62 when using tables and chairs. (Fire Regulation).
1. Written application must be made at least one week prior to date of use. Applications are available at the library information desk.
2. In the case of repeated use, each date must be registered on the application.
3. Rental fees are to be paid to the library during open hours. Rental fees must be paid at least 24 hours prior to the event. The room is not reserved until the rental fee and deposit are collected.
4. The Library reserves the right to deny any application or to cancel or reschedule any reservation.
Community Room Rental Fee
1. No rental fee shall be charged for Library or official Township activities.
2. Rental charges will be paid at the library information desk. Payment must be made in cash only. The rental fee for all other groups or organizations shall be:
$10.00 per meeting
3. Rental Fee includes the use of the Community Room, tables, and chairs.
4. In the event of a cancellation, the Branch Manager is to be notified at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so may result in denial of further Community Room privileges.
Use of Community Room and Clean Up
1. Groups will be responsible for their own set up and clean up. In the event of improper clean up or damage to the Community Room and contents, the person reserving the room shall be liable for all clean up and repair/replacement costs.
2. Time for setup and clean up shall be included within the reserved time.
3. Library personnel will not assist with set up or clean up, and library materials such as staplers, pencils, paper, etc. will not be available for use.
Food and Beverage
1. Refreshments shall be limited to such items as coffee, soft drinks, cookies and donuts (no red beverages) and bagged or boxed lunches.
2. The use of alcoholic beverages or smoking in the library, restrooms, Community Room or on the library grounds is prohibited.
Supervision and Responsibility
The person signing the application is responsible for compliance with all rules and regulations.
Kent District Library and Caledonia Charter Township are not responsible for theft of personal property.
The Community Room is available without regard to ideology. The Library does not sponsor, advocate, nor endorse the position or ideology of the Community Room users or the meetings’ content.
Fill out and turn in the attached document
at the Caledonia Township Library to reserve the room.
Attachment: Communityroomguidelines.pdfBack to branch page