I've Lost My Hippopotamus
Title: I've Lost My Hippopotamus
Author: Jack Prelutsky
POETRY JNF PRE
A collection of previously unpublished poems features a variety of poetic forms and includes such subjects as skating potatoes, pelicantaloupes and crickets with hiccups.
Some of the animals in this book are real. They include:
- the hippopotamus (she’s missing)
- the elephant (he’s artistically talented)
- the octopus (it’s great at multitasking).
Others may not be quite so real. These include:
- the wiguana (very hairy, for a lizard)
- the halibutterfly (there’s something fishy about it)
- the gludu (quite clingy).
In the tradition of Jack Prelutsky’s classic poetry collections The New Kid on the Block, It’s Raining Pigs & Noodles, and A Pizza the Size of the Sun, here is a book packed with more than 100 funny poems and silly pictures. Most of the poems are about animals—some are big and some are small, some have unusual interests, and some are just plain unusual.