Go Green: How to Build an Earth-Friendly Community
Title: Go Green: How to Build an Earth-Friendly Community
Author: Nancy H. Taylor
A comprehensive resource for those interested in promoting an eco-friendly lifestyle offers a host of user-friendly suggestions and case studies.
Go Green is an indispensable resource for those who are ready to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk! There is a huge movement already underway toward going green, living sustainably, and creating a smaller carbon footprint. This book tells you how to get started. Homeowners, students, professionals and elected officials can all learn valuable solutions to saving money and energy. Go Green offers user-friendly suggestions for:
- Remodeling an existing home to create a healthier, energy-efficient living space.
- Siting a new house and choosing green building materials.
- Greening schools and hospitals.
- Choosing the right transportation and influencing the future.
- Buying local, organic, sustainable food.
- Conserving water at home and at the office.
- Learning how to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Starting programs in your community such as a light rail system, a recycling center, and a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm.