Knitting Patterns For Dummies
Title: Knitting Patterns For Dummies
Author: Kristi Porter
CRAFTS KNIT POR
Demonstrates how to improve a person’s knitting skills with line diagrams and step-by-step instructions on over forty patterns and projects, including scarves, cushions, and baby clothes.
Have you always wanted to knit? Know the basics, but you’re looking to stretch your knitting skills? Knitting Patterns For Dummies is chock-full of simple instructions and easy-to-follow patterns to help you create a wide range of classic, beautiful knits for the whole family, from clothing to household items to gift ideas. This fun, friendly guide gives you scores of new ways to have fun with needles and yarn, with great projects such as basic ponchos and pullovers, felted bags and slippers, cabled sweaters, and home and baby accessories, to name a few. You get step-by-step instructions for all the patterns in the book, along with line drawings and 8 pages of full-color photos to guide you. And, with the variations added at the end of many of the patterns, you’ll have almost 100 projects to choose from! You’ll discover how to:
- Select the right yarn and needles
- Decipher knitting lingo
- Measure your gauge, read a pattern, and understand garment sizing
- Work with common stitches, such as the stockinette, garter seed, box, and half linen
- Handle ribbing, cabling, and knitting lace
- Work with patterns with rectangles, circles, and triangles
- Use colorful stitches such as the Stripes, Fair Isle, and Mosaic
- Join shapes together in your design
- Create different textures and add color throughout a piece or just as accents
You’ll also find ten things you can knit with that aren’t yarn or needles, as well as plenty of tips for caring for your knits once they’re complete. From beanies to bags to blankets, Knitting Patterns For Dummies has it all—everything you need to pick up your sticks and get creative right away!