The Film Encyclopedia: The Complete Guide to Film and the Film Industry
Title: The Film Encyclopedia: The Complete Guide to Film and the Film Industry
Author: Ephraim Katz
Features more than 7,500 alphabetically organized entries on the artistic, technical, and commercial aspects of movies, including style, genres, actors and actresses, directors, producers, and motion picture studios.
Ephraim Katz’s The Film Encyclopedia is the most comprehensive single-volume encyclopedia on film and is considered the undisputed bible of the film industry. Completely revised and updated, this sixth edition features more than 7,500 A-Z entries on the artistic, technical, and commercial aspects of moviemaking, including:
- Directors, producers, actors, screenwriters, and cinematographers
- Styles, genres, and schools of filmmaking
- Motion picture studios and film centers
- Film-related organizations and events
- Industry jargon and technical terms
- Inventions, inventors, and equipment
- And much more!