Frequently Asked Questions
1. When can we sign up?
2. I don't like to read, can I still participate?
3. If I don't have to read a novel, what can I read?
You can read graphic novels, manga, magazines, lengthy articles on the back of cereal boxes — just keep track.
4. I won't be able to attend the programs. Can I still participate?
Yes, the programs are strictly optional.
5. Will I have to report on the books I've read?
No, the reading club is run on the honor system, although if a librarian tries to engage you in conversation about something you've read — and you run the other way — we may become suspicious.
6. Can you help me find some good books to read?
Sure can. It's why we're here. You can call or stop by. We'll help put something in your hand.
7. I won't be here this summer because I'm visiting someone who lives in another state. What should I do?
Virtually every public library in the U.S. has a summer reading club. Almost every town you visit will have a public library with a reading club and programs for teens that you can join. KDL also has an Experience Summer online program that can be done from anywhere.
8. Do we have to wait until August 9 to collect our prizes?
Some prizes will be awarded prior to the August 9 program end date, but the raffle prizes (store gift cards) will not be awarded until the end of the program.