Hours & Information
Monday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 5p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wireless internet Public computers with internet, word processing and other software Color copier KDLville early literacy play space Teen space Quiet study/reading rooms Local history room Community meeting room Ongoing used book sale area
Gaines Township has supported library service since the Depression Era. During the 1950s and '60s, Kent County provided library service at a number of bookmobile stops, both at local schools and in the Dutton and Cutlerville areas. In 1969 the Gaines Township branch was opened to the public at its current location. Rapid population growth in the area led to an extensive expansion of the building in 1987 to over 10,000 square feet.
Join us on the third Monday of the month for a friendly, informal book discussion!
- Feb. 15, 2016: The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- March 21, 2016: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- April 18, 2016: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- May 16, 2016: Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- June 20, 2016: East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- July 18, 2016: The Sandpiper by Susan Brace Lovell
- Aug. 15, 2016: The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
- Sept. 19, 2016: The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
- Oct. 17, 2016: Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey
- Nov. 21, 2016: The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Dec. 19, 2016: Crashing Through by Robert Kurson