Kent County Teen Film Festival
Kent County Teen Film Festival
Saturday, February 27, 2016, 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM
All Kent County teens in grades 6-12 are invited to enter films in the Kent County Teen Film Festival. A jury will review all submitted entries and select films to be screened at the Festival. Prizes will be awarded for the best films in various categories. The Kent County Teen Film Festival is free and open to the public, so please join us at 10:30 AM on February 27, 2016 at Celebration! Cinema North (2121 Celebration Dr. NE).
Call for Entries
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Submission Deadline for Films
Friday, January 22, 2016
Click here for a link to the entry form.
You must submit an entry form with your film,
or it will not be considered for the film festival.
- All short films must be written, directed and edited by teens in grades 6-12.
- The filmmaker/director must be a resident of Kent County, Michigan.
- All entries must be teen-produced, and may be either a group project or individual work. Adult guidance and instruction are permissible, but the planning, production (including writing, filming, special effects, sound and editing) and selection of the subject matter must reflect teen effort. Note, however, that adults are permitted to act in and assist with your film.
- Films may be on any topic, but must be G or PG-rated in language and subject matter or they will be disqualified. Films will be previewed for content.
- Title pages and credits should be included in your film.
- Unless relevant to the plot, please do not include bloopers in your submitted film.
- Films may be no more than 10 minutes in length including credits.
- Use of sound or video clips from other films, television shows, music videos, etc. within your submitted work is not permitted unless those clips are in the public domain or you have received written permission from the copyright holder.
- The Kent County Teen Film Festival requires all filmmakers to obtain permission to use copyrighted music in their films. Filmmakers can also use their own original music. Additionally, copyright-free, public domain, trade-friendly or creative commons copyright music can be used. For suggestions of places to find such music, please refer to the Copyrighted Music section at the bottom of this page.
- Each filmmaker may submit up to, and no more than, two films.
Format and Submission Requirements:
- Films submitted on USB flash drives must be submitted in .mov, .wma or .mp4 format. Each film should be submitted on a separate USB flash drive with the entry form. USB flash drives submitted without these forms will not be considered.
- Alternatively, films can be uploaded online at https://filmfreeway.com/festival/KentCountyTeenFilmFestival, but filmmakers must still submit the entry form via a drop-off point, mail, or by emailing a scanned copy to email@example.com.
- You must fill out an entry form for every film you submit to the festival.
- Forms must be dropped off by January 22, 2016 to any KDL branch or mailed to:
KDL Cascade Township Branch
Attn: Tricia Kannegieter
2870 Jacksmith Ave. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
All films will be previewed by a jury made up of select individuals for festival selection. Library staff will notify all entrants via email by February 12, 2016 as to whether or not their film will be shown.
- All submissions (including completed forms) must be postmarked, uploaded or delivered in person by FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2016.
- DO NOT SEND YOUR ONLY COPY: The library cannot be held responsible for any damage that might occur to submissions.
Judging & Awards:
- All films will be previewed by a jury made up of select individuals, including but not limited to: Kent District Library staff, teen volunteers and Kent County community members.
- Every attempt will be made to show all entries at the Kent County Teen Film Festival on Saturday, February 27, 2016, but due to time constraints, the Festival reserves the right to limit the number of films shown. Library staff will notify all entrants in advance whether their film will be shown.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges during the Festival on February 27, 2016. At the end of the Festival, prizes will be awarded for the best films in various categories.
Legal Disclaimers:By signing the entry form and entering the Kent County Teen Film Festival, the applicant agrees to all rules and regulations as defined in the official festival rules.
The applicant also grants a non-exclusive license, throughout the world and in perpetuity, to the Library to:
- Show their film to a non-paying public at a future Kent County Teen Film Festival, other partner festivals and promotional events.
- Display the film, in part or in its entirety, on the kdl.org, video streaming websites, and/or Kent County Teen Film Festival website and Facebook page (not for profit).
- Have the film listed in the Library's catalog of entries.
- The Kent County Teen Film Festival requires all filmmakers to obtain permission to use copyrighted music in their films. Filmmakers can also use their own original music.
- Additionally, copyright-free, public domain, trade-friendly, or creative commons copyright music can be used. Sources for copyright-free music may be found at:
- Please be aware that some of the music posted on the above websites is not copyright-free. Copyright-free or royalty-free music is indicated as such.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see finalist films from previous Kent County Teen Film Festivals, we invite you to visit https://www.youtube.com/user/KCTeenFilmFestival/playlists.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!