Hey Teens! Would you like to:
- Meet new people?
- Become involved and make a difference in your community?
- Make your voice heard and have your ideas matter?
- Help library patrons, staff and you community?
- Be an advocate for Teens in your community?
- Complete requirements for service and volunteer hours?
- Gain experience for college applications and resumes?
- DO ALL THIS AND HAVE FUN?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we would like to invite you to consider becoming a Teen Volunteer!
The requirements are simple; you must:
- Be in grades 6-12.
- Complete a volunteer form or Library Crew application and have parental or guardian permission.
The Library Crew (TLC):
If you are entering grades 6-12 you may apply at your local KDL branch, or online, during the month of May. Participants must attend an orientation session. Typical tasks include signing up kids and teens for Summer Reading, cleaning books, assisting with programs, creating programs for young children, making bulletin boards, decorating for Summer Reading Club. (This is a summer-only volunteer program).
Some branches accept Teen Volunteers year-round. Tasks vary by branch, and applications must be picked up at that branch location. Stop by your local branch or call 616-784-2007 for details.
Get involved @ your library. Become a Teen Volunteer!