Kent District Library and its branches support the right of all individuals to use the library safely and without discrimination. In order to properly maintain a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for our customers and employees, the Kent District Library Board has adopted the following rules and responsibilities:
- Obey all laws, library policies, and local ordinances. Stealing, defacing, or damaging library equipment, materials, or facilities is not allowed.
- Respect other customers and employees. Do not annoy or harass other persons, engage in loud or disruptive conduct, or cause a public disturbance.
- Solicitation and loitering are not allowed.
- For your children’s safety, do not leave them unattended.
- To protect your personal belongings, do not leave them unattended.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- The library is a smoke-free building.
- No pets allowed in the library.
*Service animals are permitted
- Offensive odor, including, but not limited to odor due to poor personal hygiene or overpowering perfume or cologne, that causes a nuisance is prohibited.
Customers who violate these rules and responsibilities will be asked to leave the library. They can appeal this decision by contacting the Library Director, or the Director's designee, in accordance with KDL Policy 4.4.