* Thanks to our partners at Early Childhood Investment Cooperation for this valuable information.
Governor Whitmer issued a new Executive Order that impacts all Michiganders. What does this mean for you, as a child care provider? If you remain open or choose to re-open, you can only provide care for the children of “critical infrastructure and essential workforce” starting Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
Who is defined as a member of the essential workforce?
- Michigan’s emergency essential workforce definition includes health care workers, first responders, child care workers and others. Click here for the full list.
If I’m a parent or family member who is in the essential workforce and I need child care, who do I contact?
- Go online to complete a simple form with your child care needs or call 2-1-1
I’m a child care provider. Where can I find information?
- Click here for State of Michigan announcements and resources for child care during this emergency.
- Subsidy payment rules have changed during this emergency. Click here for the latest information on child care subsidy payments.
- For child care businesses willing to stay open or re-open during this emergency to care for children of the essential workforce, complete this survey.