In response to COVID-19, Kent District Library is taking several steps to protect our staff and the general public – in particular the high-risk populations we serve and the high-risk populations who work and volunteer for the library. This page contains the most up-to-date information pertaining to library services.
- Library Service Updates and Preparedness/Response Plan
- Use KDL Online
- Assistance with Food, Rent, Utilities or Employment
- COVID-19 Information You Can Trust
Current Library Service Status and Preparedness/Response Plan
Kent District Library Expands In-Branch Hours
Kent District Library is pleased to announce expanded in-branch hours starting Monday, September 21. Branches will return to their normal published hours with one exception – all branches will remain closed on Sundays. Curbside pick-up is offered during open hours.
For health and safety reasons, KDL will continue to have guidelines in place:
- Masks are required.
- Private study rooms are not available for use and play spaces will be closed.
- Patrons are asked to limit their visits to one hour. Computer use will be limited to an hour a day.
- Returned items remain in quarantine for 96 hours.
- The governor’s Executive Order requires KDL to limit building capacity to 25%.
- Programs will continue to be conducted online.
Use KDL Online
In the meantime, KDL continues to provide many digital services available to you remotely and for free, such as eBooks and eAudiobooks; streaming TV, movie and music services; and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines. These are all available online:
Assistance with Food, Rent, Utilities or Employment
COVID-19 Information You Can Trust
Sharing accurate information from trusted sources is crucial. Following are several recommended sources:
- Summary and Updates
- About the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Information for Travelers
- News on COVID-19
- Information for Healthcare Professionals
- Information for Laboratories
- Information for Public Health Professionals
Free Virtual COVID-19 Screening
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- News and FAQ's
- Resources and guidance for: