In response to COVID-19, Kent District Library is taking several steps to protect our staff and the general public – in particular the high-risk populations we serve and the high-risk populations who work and volunteer for the library. This page contains the most up-to-date information pertaining to library services.
- Library Service Updates
- Use KDL Online
- Assistance with Food, Rent, Utilities or Employment
- COVID-19 Information You Can Trust
Current Library Service Status
- Due to the Grand Rapids region increasing to the "medium-high risk" phase for Coronavirus in the Michigan Safe Start Plan, the library will remain closed to the public. The July 6 reopen date that was originally anticipated will be postponed, with a new date to be determined.
- Bookdrops are open for returns and curbside pickup is available.
- Material due dates and hold expirations for items checked out before the library closed on March 13 have been extended to July 6. Due dates for "Beyond Books" items that cannot be returned at bookdrops has been extended to July 31.
- eBooks, audiobooks, movies and other digital resources are available. Checkout limits on some items have been expanded to accomodate increased needs.
- Current hours for Patron Services:
- Message from Lance Werner, Executive Director of KDL to provide updates on actions and planning.
Use KDL Online
In the meantime, KDL continues to provide many digital services available to you remotely and for free, such as eBooks and eAudiobooks; streaming TV, movie and music services; and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines. These are all available online:
Assistance with Food, Rent, Utilities or Employment
COVID-19 Information You Can Trust
Sharing accurate information from trusted sources is crE
- Summary and Updates
- About the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Information for Travelers
- News on COVID-19
- Information for Healthcare Professionals
- Information for Laboratories
- Information for Public Health Professionals
Free Virtual COVID-19 Screening
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- News and FAQ's
- Resources and guidance for: