Test your grilling skills against other rib aficionados at the Sunday, Aug. 5, KDL SuperPartyWonderDay. This cook-off event, which is in partnership with The Grilling Company in Belmont, Mich., will take place at The Meadows at Millennium Park.
The deadline for entry is Friday, July 20.
- All team members must be 18 years old and older.
- Teams can be one to four members total in size.
- Any heat source is allowed.
- Although not required, if you want to cook under a covered space, you must provide your own pop-up tent. The maximum size allowed is 10 x 10 feet.
- Racks will be provided day of competition by KDL and The Grilling Company.
- One rack will be presented for judges.
- At least four racks will be presented for the People’s Choice Award.
- Containers will be provided and must be used.
- No par-broiling or frying in oil is permitted.
- Any questions concerning the rib cook-off should be directed to the contest organizers, who will make all final decisions. These decisions will be based on what is best for the contest and the contestants.
- Failure to comply with the rules is cause for disqualification.
Judges will rank ribs from 1-10 in the following categories:
- Visual appearance (appearance does not include presentation)
Will be awarded for the Judges' Choice and People's Choice winners.
|Setup||10 AM to Noon|
|Grilling time||Any time after approval from the organizers. Begin grilling by noon. Rack of ribs presented to judges at 4 PM.|
|Judging||4 PM to 4:30 PM|
|People's Choice tasting and judging||Begins at 4:15 PM, until samples last.|
|Award presentation||5:15 PM|