Hours & Information
Monday: Noon – 8 p.m.
Tuesday: Noon – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: Noon – 8 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wireless internet
- Public computers with internet, word processing and other software
- Color copier
- KDLville early literacy play space
- Teen space
- Two quiet study/reading rooms
- Living room reading space overlooking the waterfront
- Ongoing Book Sale Nook
- Coffee vending service
- Community meeting room
- Ink cartridge recycling
- Active Friends of the Library group
- View of the Flat River and Riverwalk
Established as a public library in 1878, the Lowell branch library has the longest continuous history of any Kent District Library branch. It became a member of the Kent County Library System in 1956. In 1997 the library moved to its new building on the east bank of the Flat River, increasing its size by eight times to 8,800 square feet. It is named for a major benefactor, Harold Englehardt.