Hours & Information
Monday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Curbside printing (instructions)
- Wireless internet
- Public computers with internet, word processing and other software
- Color copier
- Drive-through drop box and 24-hour holds pickup lockers
- KDLville early literacy play space
- Designated teen area with media wall
- Entrepreneurial Center for small business resources
- Eight private conference/study rooms
- Second floor fireplace and outdoor patio
- Community room with adaptive technology for the hearing-impaired
- Cora Bowen Stauffer Kentwood Heritage Room
- Express Check-in
- Active Friends of the Library group
- Ongoing used book sale
- Vending area
The Kentwood branch had its beginnings as a county library bookmobile stop on South Division near 44th Street in what was then Paris Township. At the request of the township, the county library established the first permanent branch in 1955. A new state-of-the-art, 46,000-square-foot, two-story facility opened in August 2010. In 2012, the branch was renamed after former Kentwood mayor Richard L. Root in honor of his dedication to the community and to the library.
Become a lifelong Friend of the Kentwood Library for only $10. Our Friends' group promotes community interest in books and libraries, provides fundraising and volunteer support, and works towards achieving the best possible library service for Kentwood. Application forms are available at the library. Please call Cheryl Cammenga at (616) 647-3919 if you have any questions or would like additional information about joining the Friends.