Hours & Information
Monday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursday: Noon – 8 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wireless internet
- Public computers with internet, word processing, and other software
- Color copier
- KDLville early literacy play space
- Teen area
- Study room
- Community meeting room
The Rockford branch library can trace its library roots back to the 1870s in a building on Courtland Street. The Krause Memorial Library has been in its current location since 1937 and was made possible through the generous donation of G. Adolph Krause. Mr. Krause and his descendants have continued to support the library through expansions and an endowment fund. The library has been expanded twice — in 1963 and 1989 — and today is 8,555 square feet.
Help create the library you deserve. Please stop in the library to pick up an application. The purpose of our Library Friends group is to provide programs and financial support to the library. The Friends strengthen the library’s resources and services which cannot be funded through the tax-supported budget. Friends promote public recognition and awareness of these resources and encourage Rockford area residents to support their library. We help our library by providing:
- speakers and other special programs
- fundraising projects and book sales
- a newsletter which keeps Friends in touch with library events
- support of Kent District Library System’s programs for children
- volunteers to assist library staff
Annual Membership Contribution: $5 – Individual $10 – Family $30 – Contributing $100 – Life Membership (one time only)