Hours & Information
Monday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday: Noon – 8 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wireless internet
- Public computers with internet
- Word processing and other software
- Color copier
- KDLville early literacy play space
- Teen space
- Quiet study rooms
- Quiet reading area with fireplace
- Coffee service
- Community meeting room
- Ongoing used book sale area
- Active Friends of the Library group
The Sand Lake library began providing library services to the community as part of the Women’s Club in the 1920s. The library moved several times before it made its home in 1978 in the Nelson Township Hall. On May 18, 2007, a brand-new 8,350-square-foot library opened at 88 Eighth Street. This library is reminiscent of a beautiful old red barn with a clerestory and an impressive stone fireplace.
The Nelson Township / Sand Lake Branch is the voting location for Nelson Township Precincts 1 and 3.