Hours & Information
Monday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Public wifi: Everyday, 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
(in and outside the branch)
- Curbside printing (instructions)
- Wireless internet
- Public computers with internet, word processing and other software
- Color copier
- Fax kiosk
- KDLville early literacy play space
- Teen space
- Four quiet study/reading rooms
- Ongoing used book sale area
- Vending services
- Express Check-in Active Friends of the Library group
The Plainfield branch library began as a stop for the Kent County Library bookmobile in the 1960s. The first permanent location of the Plainfield branch opened in 1968 in the basement of the Main Oakview Elementary School. The current Plainfield library location was established in 1978. The original building was expanded in 1995 from its original size of 6,250 square feet to the current size of 26,420 square feet.