Hours & Information
Monday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday*: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
*Closed Sundays in summer (Memorial Day to Labor Day)
- Wireless internet
- Public computers with internet, word processing and other software
- Color copier
- KDLville early literacy play space
- Teen space
- Seven quiet study/reading rooms
- Quiet reading room with fireplace
- Wyoming Historical Commission local history room
- Community meeting room
- Ongoing used book sale area
- Art gallery
- Special collections: Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, automotive and engine repair books, Spanish and Vietnamese titles
- Express Check-in
The Wyoming library has occupied several sites since its humble beginnings as a storefront library in the 1940s. Now located on Michael Avenue, just south of 28th Street, the library was expanded and renovated in 2001 and currently covers almost 49,000 square feet, making it the largest branch in the Kent District Library system.
For questions about meeting room availability, contact the City of Wyoming Parks and Recreation Office at (616) 530-3164.
The Wyoming library will accept hardcover and paperback books and audiovisual materials if they are in good condition. Donations will be evaluated and — if appropriate — will be added to the collection or put in the Wyoming Friends of the Library book sale. Items NOT accepted: Textbooks Encyclopedias Damaged or mildewed books Magazines Reader's Digest Condensed Books Donations of quality items are appreciated! The donor may receive a donation receipt if desired. Library staff cannot appraise donated materials or indicate a value on the receipt.
This service is free to all eligible people who are unable to read normal print due to a visual or physical disability, whether temporary or permanent.