Presenting with KDL
- Payment will be issued upon completion of your program.
- KDL rarely requires registration for programs. This means that the size of the audience for your program may be hard to predict and control.
- We do not pay separately for mileage. Please include travel costs into your total performance price. Keep in mind our branch locations range between 5 – 33 miles from Grand Rapids, Mich.
- A Certificate of Liability that names KDL as a co-insured party may be required if your program involves live animals or could potentially expose attendees to harm/injury.
- No individual or organization who presents a program at the library will be permitted to sell their product or services during their presentation or during their time at the library (with the exception of authors who come to speak about their books or performers who have recordings of their music).
- Turning in a questionnaire does not guarantee your program will be selected this season. However, KDL offers year-round programs and may find a fit for you during another season.
- Questionnaires submitted without a completed background check form will not be considered. Background checks will be processed only if your program is selected. Results are confidential.
If you are selected, please be aware you'll be asked to:
- Fill out a Presenter Agreement form.
- Fill out a W9 for payment.
- Submit media/publicity materials. If suitable high-resolution photos and applicable logos for which the performer has full legal rights for usage are not provided to KDL at the time of the booking agreement, KDL will select and use royalty-free stock images at their discretion.
Note: Despite our best efforts with the school-age group, sometimes younger children attend.
Background Check Authorization
Kent District Library conducts a criminal background check for any past criminal convictions or pending felony criminal charges using the Michigan State Police ICHAT system. The information below is needed to request the ICHAT report and will only be used to obtain the report. KDL feels that is necessary to complete background verifications in order to provide a safe environment for the public.
Kent District Library will not allow individuals to present who have been convicted of any felony -or- who have been convicted of a misdemeanor offense for assault; child abuse; criminal sexual conduct; use, possession, or sale of weapons; or violations of Article 7 of the Michigan Public Health Code (Controlled Substances) (MCL 333.7101 et seq.) or other unlawful use, possession, or sale of drugs or controlled substances. The Human Resources Department will review all other convictions and pending criminal charges of a candidate on an individual basis with the final decision resting with the Library Director.
All background verification information obtained will be kept CONFIDENTIAL to the extent permitted by law. The information obtained will not be provided to any parties other than to designated KDL personnel or legal counsel with a need to know.