The Kent District Library circulates a wide variety of materials, from books and movies to popular music CDs and video games — with no rental fees! Read below for additional information regarding our policies.
- Books and audiobooks
- TV series and informational DVDs
- Music CDs
- Video games
- eBooks and eAudiobooks
- eComics via hoopla
- Major motion picture DVDs
- Children’s DVDs
- Music albums via hoopla
- TV episodes via hoopla
- Movies via hoopla
- eMagazines downloaded from RBdigital
- DRM-free MP3 music downloaded from Freegal
Fines for physical items are 15 cents per day, including major motion picture and children’s DVDs. Overdue fines are not incurred on digital items.
Note: If fines or fees exceed $20, circulation services will be restricted.
Most items can be renewed up to three times if no one else is waiting for them. Items with holds or past their allowable renewals cannot be renewed.
Ways to renew:
- In person at any branch.
- By phone by calling our Patron Services Department at 616-784-2007.
- On your mobile device using the BookMyne app.
- Visiting the KDL.org webpage:
- Select the “My Account” link in the top right of the homepage.
- Enter your barcode and PIN and click “Log In.”
- From the “Checkouts” tab, you may select, then renew items you have checked out.
You may currently have a maximum of 50 item holds placed on your card at any given time.
To place a hold on an item, locate the item in our online catalog and select the “Place Hold” button. Enter your library card and PIN number, then designate a KDL branch pick-up location.
You may also place holds on your mobile device using the BookMyne app.