Grab your smartphones and cameras and get ready for our KDL Teen Summer Photo Challenge. Compose your best snapshots of subjects that fall into three categories — animals, architecture and nature — and enter for a chance to win a $25 Meijer gift card. You may enter any or all three categories.
- Animals: (i.e. pets, wildlife, farm, furry, scaly, feathered, etc.)
- Architecture: (i.e. houses, office buildings, places of worship, bridges, etc.)
- Nature: (i.e. trees, flowers, clouds, landscapes, rivers, sunsets, etc.)
Photos may not contain human subjects. Judges reserve the right to recategorize any submission if deemed necessary.
2 p.m. Tuesday, June 30, 2020
11:59 p.m. Sunday, July 5, 2020
Judges review entries and choose photo challenge winners
Monday, July 6
Public vote opens
1 p.m. Tuesday July 7, 2020
The link to the public vote becomes operational at 1 p.m. July 7. All entries are combined into one pool for the public vote. To vote, log into your Submittable account. You may only vote once during the voting period.
Vote for your favorite entry
Public vote closes
1 p.m. Thursday, July 9, 2020
Photo challenge winners and popular vote winners announced
Friday, July 10, 2020
Winners will be announced on the KDL Blog.
- Challenge is open to teens going into grades 6-12 who are residents of Kent County, Mich.
- Participant may submit one photo per category.
- Photos must be original works of participant. No logos/watermarks.
- Online submissions only. No hard photos accepted.
- JPG files only.
- Kent District Library reserves the non-exclusive right to use submitted photos at our discretion. By entering the contest, you understand that your photo may be used to promote and publicize future library programs.
- Photos may not contain human subjects.
- We will have awards in all three categories and public voting. There will be two winners in each category and two winners of the public vote, for a total of up to eight winners.