ADULTS 18 and up
Opportunities range from one-time events to regular weekly posts to match your availability, interests, and commitment level.
KDL Volunteers share Information, Ideas, and Excitement with the community in a variety of ways:
- KDL Free Library Stockers: Be the face (and arms and legs!) of KDL as you restock the bookshelves at Gerarld R. Ford International Airport, the Rapid Bus Station, and in neighborhoods around the KDL Service Area.
- Tech Helper: Friendly, tech-savvy volunteers can be a big help to branch staff during peak times at the branches. . If you're a people person who is comfortable with basic tech skills, we want you! Regular weekly commitment of 2 hours is the ideal fit. Schedules TBD by branch peak times.
- Community Outreach: Share your love of library and knowledge of KDL programs and services at KDL info tables at popular community events like Comicon! Opportunity frequency is determined by outreach schedule. Outgoing engagers needed!
- Branch Volunteers: Help sort books, shelve, and more! Branches have a varierty of tasks that need doing. Best fit would be a regular weekly commitment of a few hours a week. This opportunity would require teamwork with staff and other volunteers, but less forward facing public interaction.
- Program Assistants: Help our programs run smoothly by assisting staff with popular offerings like Storytime and Sunday Afternoon Live. Volunteers set-up, maintain snack tables, and assist attendees, and then help with clean-up. Looking for friendly engaging library lovers for these opportunites. Opportunity frequency determined by programming schedules.
- Special Events: Share your KDL Excitement at a variety of KDL Events. Volunteers serve beverages, lead games, staff the registration table, greet guests, set-up/tear-down, and more! Smiling friendly faces to outgoing engagers are ideal for events.
- Take-home Projects: Share your love of library by lending a hand with program craft prep, envelope stuffing, assembling decorations, and other helpful tasks that can be done by volunteers at home on their own time! No peopling required.